He’s getting away! QUICK, GET IN THE PRIUS!
Spent the last hour frantically cleaning out the old storage building before we lose the twilight, feeling like I’m on an episode of Hoarders. Seriously, that building was where shit went to disappear. Stray lumber, carpet, bags of potting soil, rotting cardboard boxes, decomposing junk, and suddenly-
Me: Why are all of my baby clothes in here?
Dad: Because your mother’s a pack rat.
They were stored in a cardboard box, so they were full of dirt dobber nests and mouse droppings- hardly good enough to use as rags, let alone Goodwill or quilt squares. But what were they even doing in there in the first place? We didn’t get that storage building until I was about five or six years old, way after I’d outgrown the clothes. What the hell was she saving them for? To give to a friend or relative? To make a quilt?
Were they expecting another baby only to lose it and now the clothes are the only telltale signs of the little sister I might have had?
…or, yanno, maybe Mom’s just a pack rat.
Someone bought our old house. We’ve been over there all afternoon moving shit out of the storage building. Had to stop because of SUDDENLY RAIN. Like, holy shit a lot of rain (for Texas). At least we got the bulk of it. Fifty percent of that stuff needs to be tossed or recycled anyway.
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
Grandma voice: It sounded like a snake in the hen house- a lotta squawkin’ then silence.
Whole school’s empty, Dad still manages to startle the principal.
Kitty-Cat’s so glad to have me back you’d think nobody ever petted her before.